Wednesday 30 May 2012

In Every Game


They expect me to be
Because they’ve never seen
Sitting across from the man who apparently has the plan
To rule the world.
They can’t see, I don’t let them
The rips and tears he cuts through me as I walk away
Begin.

The world is gray
No it’s black and white out there
It’s white when he’s right
Black when you’re wrong
But you try your hardest to
Clarify.

Black is gray
White is right
There you go to your room to waste away the day
If I told them why I’m here
I’d be pinned as weak
Be shunned as not understanding the world beneath my feet
But if it’s under my feet than it is my world and I should know what is best
Instead I sit in a chair and count the beats
Til’ time sets and we’re back to meet
On the battle grounds
This time I let my guard down I say he’s right
Nothing changes if he’s right he has to
Explain.

I didn’t need to know
I didn’t want to know
I did walk out and take the blame on which I do in every game
When we sit down to eat.

It’s strange to think that tears sink if there in not water to catch them
They sunk into some deep river of power that calms them
Yet in the corner of your eye that place where thin flesh meets white
Mucus?
There is a defensive army, there to protect anything dear.
If we are fed lies, then they travel far
He trashes his own birth cake to take an upper hand.

Those lies rooted in his heart, to make him believe he is a lord
And those who oppose will be put in the place to work and make time because he wastes all of mine
Trying to appease him, with a paper thin heart.

No comments:

Post a Comment